Level 1 WAMITAB Waste & Recycling Training Course
About this qualification
Learners will develop the basic knowledge and skills required by employers within the sustainable resource management industry. This qualification is designed for anyone looking to improve their employment prospects for the future by gaining a greaterunderstanding of waste and recycling activities. Once learners have achieved this qualification they will be able to progress directly into entry level job roles within the sector.
Who is it for?
- New entrants to the industry
- Pre and post gate prisoners
- Long-term unemployed who wish to retrain
- Experienced workers seeking a formal qualification
- Individuals working in the wider supply-chain of waste producing organisations
What does this qualification cover?
To achieve this QCF qualification, learners must achieve 7 credits bycompleting the mandatory unit Introduction to Waste and Recycling. This unit is designed to ensure that individuals will:
- Know how to accept and collect waste and recyclable materials
- Be able to identify different types of waste, containers, hazards and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Be able to identify and use different manual handling techniques
- Be able to state current waste and recycling legislation
- Be able to state what is meant by hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Be able to remove and dispose of waste
- Know how to work safely
- Know how to operate waste and recycling equipment and vehiclessafely
More about the training
- Beginner Level: 3-5 days
- Intermediate: 2-3 days
- Refresher/conversion: 1 day
- 75% of the course is practical training
- The use of our purpose-built training area, where we simulate real-life workplace situations for a fuller learning experience
- The option to set aside an area of your own premises for practical training, provided they meet HSE criteria
- All machinery and equipment is provided for classes taken at our facilities
With over 40 years’ experience in the recycling and waste management sector, Recycling Lives’ Training and Development services will meet all your Health and Safety training needs.