Level 3 STA First Aid at Work
The First Aid At Work qualification aims to create a level of competence in first aid skills for the workplace.
The First Aid At Work qualification covers:
- The ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency arises in the workplace
- The ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
- Administering first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious, wounded or bleeding, burned or scalded, suffering from bone injury, muscle injury, joint injury, shock, eye injury, poisoned, or overcome by gas/fumes
- Transporting a casualty to safety as required by the circumstances of the workplace
- The recognition of minor illnesses and taking appropriate action
- Maintaining records and providing written information to a doctor or hospital if required
- Understanding the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Understanding the legal framework for first aid provision at work
- Demonstrating the use of first aid equipment provided in the workplace.
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult manikin
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for a workplace emergency situation
- Complete 2 multiple-choice papers with a score of 100%
This qualification requires revalidation every 3 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
- Be of 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award
- This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
24 Notional Learning Hours
- 18 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
- 6 Non-contact Guided Learning Hours