Level 2 STA Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course
The Emergency First Aid At Work qualification aims to enable candidates to act as a first aider and take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities, and calling the emergency services when required.
The Emergency First Aid At Work qualification covers:
- Understanding the importance of preventing cross-infection
- Understanding the need for recording incidents and actions
- The use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, having a seizure, choking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide first aid care to a casualty for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Continual assessment by the tutor
- Complete a multiple-choice paper with a score of 100%
This qualification requires revalidation every 3 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
- Be of 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award
- This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
- 6 Recommended Guided Learning Hours.