Why choose Recycling Lives for your training needs
Recycling Lives offers and award-winning training department committed to bringing the best out of your employees:
- Upskill your workforce and offer progression opportunities to employees.
- Improve safety awareness and business efficiency.
- Learn from accredited trainers with first-hand experience working in the Recycling and Waste Management industry.
- Train on your own premises or in our purpose-built facilities.
All our courses support and sustain Recycling Lives’ charitable activities, which aim to rehabilitate marginalised individuals through employment. Our experience training ex-offenders, the long-term un-employed and the homeless as well as skilled professionals makes us uniquely suited to build trust with a new group of trainees.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Working with Recycling Lives training department brings more than qualified employees to your business. Our investment in social enterprise can boost your business’s credentials as well.
Our training department supports and sustains Recycling Lives’ charitable activities, offering training to offenders, ex-offenders, the homeless and the long-term unemployed enrolled in our rehabilitation programmes. By investing in our training department, you are also investing in this work, helping your business to gain corporate social responsibility without having to change your own business model.
Accredited Training Bodies we work with
Support our charitable activities while you train your workforce.
When you choose Recycling Lives award-winning training department to support your educational needs, you are also supporting Recycling Lives charitable activities:
- Our HMP Academies support offenders to improve their life and work skills ahead of release to significantly reduce reoffending risks. In prison-based workshops, men and women undertake recycling or fabrication work, earning an enhanced wage, achieving qualifications and developing transferable skills. This helps them to gain full-time work after release.
- Our Residential Charity supports ex-offenders, the homeless and the long-term un-employed into full-time work and a stable independent lifestyle through education. Work experience and training from our training department forms a key aspect of preparing Residents for this outcome.
- Our Food Redistribution Centre reduces food waste by redistributing surplus food from supermarkets and suppliers to charitable organisations across Lancashire and Cumbria.
By using our training department, you can gain credentials for your own business as well, increasing your Corporate Social Responsibility by supporting our charitable work.
Our Social Value
Recycling Lives has created a total of £17.3m Social Value between 2015 and 2018 through our charitable activities - £4.1m in 2015/16, £5.2m in 2016/17 and £8m in 2017/2018.
Operating in 11 prisons across the UK, our HMP Academies work with 200 men and women, rehabilitating 36 out of 37 people leaving prison in 2016/17. This less than 5% reoffending rate compares with the national average of 67%.
Since its launch in late 2015, our Food Redistribution Centre has distributed 2.2million meals to disadvantaged groups, diverting 913 tonnes of food from landfill in the process.
Our Residential Charity supported 24 men into permanent jobs and their own homes between 2015 and 2018.
These figures save the taxpayer money by relieving pressure on public resources like the judicial system, medical and healthcare services and the benefits system. By investing in our training courses your business supports continued savings to the public purse.
The Impact of our partnerships
Our work is doing more than just changing lives for individuals, families and communities - between 2015 and 2018 it has created huge savings for society by reducing costs to the taxpayer and creating social value worth millions of pounds.
In the last three years
- 24 individuals supported into
- + 136 ex-offenders rehabilitated
and supported into work
- + 2,174,140 meals delivered across
Lancashire & Cumbria
- = £17.3m reported Social Value -
created through savings to society
Jeremy Hartley Managing Director Eric Wright GroupThe Eric Wright Group has always recognised the importance of supporting the local community and using our business activities to improve people’s lives. Working with Recycling Lives gives us an opportunity to continue to make a real difference and achieve more through working together. Read moreRead less
Josh Steiner Social Value & Sustainability Manager Wates GroupRecycling Lives has reaped the rewards of strong commercial and social credentials to secure large-scale contracts. The high value and quality nature of the service, alongside its demonstrable social benefits has prompted the organisation’s ongoing success, allowing it to expand its range of services and open in new locations to achieve nationwide coverage Read moreRead less
Martin Chown Supply Chain Director Sellafield LimitedWe are committed to ensuring our local communities derive maximum economic benefit from the money we spend at Sellafield, by insisting companies that win work with us to invest to support local growth. Recycling Lives has these values at its core and I’m excited by their plans. The contract win also allowed for the creation of a number of jobs in Cumbria as we work to open a new site in the county, creating jobs for yard operatives, drivers and site managers. Read moreRead less
About Our Training Services
Comprehensive courses for the Recycling and Waste Disposal industry delivered by an award-winning team.
Choose to train on your premises or take advantage of our on-site training facilities.
Our courses are delivered by a fully accredited and award-winning team.