About our Total Waste
Recycling Lives offers total waste management solutions for commercial waste disposal, to deal with varied or complex waste streams. We manage all waste streams, including general waste and dry mixed recycling, cardboard and packaging, and hazardous and confidential waste.
- Tailoring waste management plans for all commercial waste
- Implementing cost-saving measures
- Generating revenue from commodities
- Increasing recycling rates and reducing landfill
- Reporting on correct waste disposal to meet regulations
Our tailored services for waste management, removal and recycling, include assessing your waste streams, implementing operational efficiencies to reduce waste creation and segregate waste streams, increasing revenues from commodities and achieving high recycle rates.
Our range of services allow you to use just one waste management company. And our bespoke customer portal allows you to follow the process from collection to recycling.
Benefits designed to help your business
At Recycling Lives we provide a host of benefits when you choose our Total Waste Management solutions.
- Bespoke customer portal to order skips and track your waste management
- Monthly reporting on waste collected and materials recycled
- Secure destruction facilities with ability to view footage of waste recycling
- Bespoke waste management plans to assess, collect and recycle commercial waste
- Tailored solutions to maximise revenues from commodities
- Dedicated account managers; experts in commercial waste recycling
- Sales support team to handle day-to-day account management
- Compliance Services to ensure you meet all waste disposal legislation and regulations
who we work with
Total Waste Management that has a social impact
All our services, from waste collection to waste recycling, contribute to the creation of significant
As well as supporting our charitable programmes through our waste disposal, we are creating skilled jobs in waste management. All our departments, from office-based to operational teams, create training and employment opportunities for people from marginalised backgrounds, giving us a diverse team with a wealth of life and work experience. Working with Recycling Lives means your business supports and sustains our life-changing charitable programmes.
We are a national waste management company, able to manage your waste at convenient locations before it is sent to reprocessors or to our Recycling Park for recycling. With a network of 10 sites, skips and containers of all sizes, and a large fleet of skip wagons, ROROs and artics, we can accommodate all business waste collection. Our team of highly skilled commercial waste experts will develop tailored waste management plans to fit your operations and geography.
All our commercial activities support and sustain our charitable programmes; reducing reoffending, supporting homeless men and redistributing food. These create opportunities through:
- HMP Academies - offenders in prison undertake meaningful work, in recycling and waste management processes, to gain transferable life and work skills ahead of release;
- Residential Support - individuals who would otherwise be homeless are supported to regain their independence and move into work and housing;
- Food Redistribution - small charities and community groups are supported to reduce their running costs and expand their service offering as we redistribute surplus food from supermarkets and suppliers to them.
The Impact of our partnerships
Our work is doing more than just changing lives for individuals, families and communities - between 2015 and 2017 it has created huge savings for society by reducing costs to the taxpayer and creating social value worth millions of pounds.
In the last 24 months
- 18 individuals supported into
- + 73 ex-offenders rehabilitated
and supported into work
- + 1,228,902 meals delivered across
Lancashire & Cumbria
- = £9.3m reported Social Value -
created through savings to society
Q: Can Recycling Lives save
my business money?
Yes. In fact, we can make your business money too. We’ll help you to streamline your processes to reduce and segregate waste, to reduce the cost of your waste disposal. We will also pass on any rebates generated from commodity-led waste streams. And when you align with Recycling Lives unique charitable programmes and values, you’ll achieve tangible CSR for your business, helping you to win more work and contracts.
Q: Do I need to sign
That depends on the size of your business. Larger businesses always require a contract, but smaller businesses can choose whether or not they want a contract. Having a contract can provide your business with benefits, regardless of its size, since we are able to offer better rates for our waste services if we are assured of your custom. Either way, you’ll need to open an account with us to ensure compliance with all waste regulations.
Jeremy Hartley Managing Director Eric Wright GroupThe Eric Wright Group has always recognised the importance of supporting the local community and using our business activities to improve people’s lives. Working with Recycling Lives gives us an opportunity to continue to make a real difference and achieve more through working together. Read moreRead less
Josh Steiner Social Value & Sustainability Manager Wates GroupRecycling Lives has reaped the rewards of strong commercial and social credentials to secure large-scale contracts. The high value and quality nature of the service, alongside its demonstrable social benefits has prompted the organisation’s ongoing success, allowing it to expand its range of services and open in new locations to achieve nationwide coverage Read moreRead less
Steve Giblin Group HSSEQ Director SpeedyCritical to the appointment of Recycling Lives was its enlightened approach to social value. In Recycling Lives we have found a supplier that matches our own company values and ethos while delivering the services we need. This approach provided a clear advantage over their competitors and is, we believe, a unique offering within the sector. Read moreRead less
Martin Chown Supply Chain Director Sellafield LimitedWe are committed to ensuring our local communities derive maximum economic benefit from the money we spend at Sellafield, by insisting companies that win work with us to invest to support local growth. Recycling Lives has these values at its core and I’m excited by their plans. The contract win also allowed for the creation of a number of jobs in Cumbria as we work to open a new site in the county, creating jobs for yard operatives, drivers and site managers. Read moreRead less
Learn more about
We’ve operated in the recycling sector for 40 years - learn more about our history and impact to date
Get in touch with
We’d love to hear from you - contact us about recycling waste, working together or joining our team
we operate in
We service all sectors - see how we can manage your waste for environmental and social benefit