who we work with
Creating social value in the Utilities sector
All our utilities waste management services contribute to the creation of significant
- HMP Academies - offenders in prison undertake meaningful work, in recycling and waste management processes, to gain transferable life and work skills ahead of release;
- Residential Support - individuals who would otherwise be homeless are supported to regain their independence and move into work and housing;
- Food Redistribution - small charities and community groups are supported to reduce their running costs and expand their service offering as we redistribute surplus food from supermarkets and suppliers to them.
The Impact of our partnerships
Our work is doing more than just changing lives for individuals, families and communities - between 2015 and 2017 it has created huge savings for society by reducing costs to the taxpayer and creating social value worth millions of pounds.
In the last 24 months
- 18 individuals supported into
- + 73 ex-offenders rehabilitated
and supported into work
- + 1,228,902 meals delivered across
Lancashire & Cumbria
- = £9.3m reported Social Value -
created through savings to society
- Screening and grit removal – removing rag, grit and other solids from the waste stream
- Skip hire – containers of all sizes available nationwide using an online request form
- Hazardous waste – disposal capabilities for all waste types including hazardous
- Sweeper hire – on-going clean up capabilities for utilities facility sites
- Closed loop solutions – utilities recycling that reworks your waste for re-use
- Bespoke customer portal to manage utilities waste collection
- Dedicated account managers; experts in managing utilities waste
- Consolidated supply chain - use one utilities waste management company across nationwide sites
- Associated Compliance Services to ensure you meet all utilities disposal regulations
Martin Chown Supply Chain Director Sellafield LimitedWe are committed to ensuring our local communities derive maximum economic benefit from the money we spend at Sellafield, by insisting companies that win work with us to invest to support local growth. Recycling Lives has these values at its core and I’m excited by their plans. The contract win also allowed for the creation of a number of jobs in Cumbria as we work to open a new site in the county, creating jobs for yard operatives, drivers and site managers. Read moreRead less
Jeremy Hartley Managing Director Eric Wright GroupThe Eric Wright Group has always recognised the importance of supporting the local community and using our business activities to improve people’s lives. Working with Recycling Lives gives us an opportunity to continue to make a real difference and achieve more through working together. Read moreRead less
Steve Giblin Group HSSEQ Director SpeedyCritical to the appointment of Recycling Lives was its enlightened approach to social value. In Recycling Lives we have found a supplier that matches our own company values and ethos while delivering the services we need. This approach provided a clear advantage over their competitors and is, we believe, a unique offering within the sector. Read moreRead less
Josh Steiner Social Value & Sustainability Manager Wates GroupRecycling Lives has reaped the rewards of strong commercial and social credentials to secure large-scale contracts. The high value and quality nature of the service, alongside its demonstrable social benefits has prompted the organisation’s ongoing success, allowing it to expand its range of services and open in new locations to achieve nationwide coverage Read moreRead less
We create significant social value each year as we reduce reoffending, support homeless people and redistribute surplus food to charities.
Download our Report to read about the human and financial impact of our work - the lives changed and the savings created.