who we work with
Creating Social Value in the Hospitality and Events Sector
All our Hospitality and Events waste management services contribute to the creation of significant social value - so your Hospitality recycling becomes a charitable process. Your contracts can support our programmes to create opportunities:
- HMP Academies - offenders in prison undertake meaningful work, in recycling and waste management processes, to gain transferable life and work skills ahead of release;
- Residential Support - individuals who would otherwise be homeless are supported to regain their independence and move into work and housing;
- Food Redistribution - small charities and community groups are supported to reduce their running costs and expand their service offering as we redistribute surplus food from supermarkets and suppliers to them.
The Impact of our partnerships
Our work is doing more than just changing lives for individuals, families and communities - between 2015 and 2017 it has created huge savings for society by reducing costs to the taxpayer and creating social value worth millions of pounds.
In the last three years
- 24 individuals supported into
- + 136 ex-offenders rehabilitated
and supported into work
- + 2,174,140 meals delivered across
Lancashire & Cumbria
- = £17.3m reported Social Value -
created through savings to society
- Baling of commodities – maximise rebates on certain waste types while minimising transport costs.
- Closed loop solutions – recycling that reworks your waste into products.
- Skip Hire – containers of all shapes and sizes available nationwide using an online request form.
- Hazardous waste – disposal capabilities for all waste types including hazardous
- Hospitality and Events food waste disposal services
- Bespoke customer portal to manage Hospitality and Events waste collection
- Dedicated account managers; experts in managing Hospitality and Events waste
- Consolidated supply chain - use one waste management company across nationwide sites
- Associated Compliance Services to ensure you meet all waste disposal regulations
Josh Steiner Social Value & Sustainability Manager Wates GroupRecycling Lives has reaped the rewards of strong commercial and social credentials to secure large-scale contracts. The high value and quality nature of the service, alongside its demonstrable social benefits has prompted the organisation’s ongoing success, allowing it to expand its range of services and open in new locations to achieve nationwide coverage Read moreRead less
Martin Chown Supply Chain Director Sellafield LimitedWe are committed to ensuring our local communities derive maximum economic benefit from the money we spend at Sellafield, by insisting companies that win work with us to invest to support local growth. Recycling Lives has these values at its core and I’m excited by their plans. The contract win also allowed for the creation of a number of jobs in Cumbria as we work to open a new site in the county, creating jobs for yard operatives, drivers and site managers. Read moreRead less
Jeremy Hartley Managing Director Eric Wright GroupThe Eric Wright Group has always recognised the importance of supporting the local community and using our business activities to improve people’s lives. Working with Recycling Lives gives us an opportunity to continue to make a real difference and achieve more through working together. Read moreRead less
We create significant social value each year as we reduce reoffending, support homeless people and redistribute surplus food to charities.
Download our Report to read about the human and financial impact of our work - the lives changed and the savings created.