who we work with
OUR SOCIAL IMPACT
When you choose Recycling Lives to scrap your metal, you are also supporting our charitable activities:
- Our HMP Academies support offenders to improve their life and work skills ahead of release to significantly reduce reoffending risks. In prison-based workshops, men and women undertake recycling or fabrication work, earning an enhanced wage, achieving qualifications and developing transferable skills. This helps them to gain full-time work after release.
- Our Residential Charity supports ex-offenders, the homeless and the long-term unemployed into full-time work and a stable independent lifestyle through education. Work experience and training from our training department forms a key aspect of preparing Residents for this outcome.
- Our Food Redistribution Centre reduces food waste by redistributing surplus food from supermarkets and suppliers to charitable organisations across Lancashire and Cumbria.
OUR SOCIAL VALUE
Recycling Lives has created a total of £9.3m Social Value between 2015 and 2017 through our charitable activities - £4.1m in 2015/16 and £5.2m in 2016/17.
These figures save the taxpayer money by relieving pressure on public resources like the judicial system and the benefits system. By working with us to scrap your metal, you support continued savings to the public purse.
The Impact of our partnerships
Our work is doing more than just changing lives for individuals, families and communities - between 2015 and 2017 it has created huge savings for society by reducing costs to the taxpayer and creating social value worth millions of pounds.
In the last 24 months
- 18 individuals supported into
- + 73 ex-offenders rehabilitated
and supported into work
- + 1,228,902 meals delivered across
Lancashire & Cumbria
- = £9.3m reported Social Value -
created through savings to society
Steve Giblin Group HSSEQ Director SpeedyCritical to the appointment of Recycling Lives was its enlightened approach to social value. In Recycling Lives we have found a supplier that matches our own company values and ethos while delivering the services we need. This approach provided a clear advantage over their competitors and is, we believe, a unique offering within the sector. Read moreRead less
Martin Chown Supply Chain Director Sellafield LimitedWe are committed to ensuring our local communities derive maximum economic benefit from the money we spend at Sellafield, by insisting companies that win work with us to invest to support local growth. Recycling Lives has these values at its core and I’m excited by their plans. The contract win also allowed for the creation of a number of jobs in Cumbria as we work to open a new site in the county, creating jobs for yard operatives, drivers and site managers. Read moreRead less
Josh Steiner Social Value & Sustainability Manager Wates GroupRecycling Lives has reaped the rewards of strong commercial and social credentials to secure large-scale contracts. The high value and quality nature of the service, alongside its demonstrable social benefits has prompted the organisation’s ongoing success, allowing it to expand its range of services and open in new locations to achieve nationwide coverage Read moreRead less
Jeremy Hartley Managing Director Eric Wright GroupThe Eric Wright Group has always recognised the importance of supporting the local community and using our business activities to improve people’s lives. Working with Recycling Lives gives us an opportunity to continue to make a real difference and achieve more through working together. Read moreRead less