Recycling Lives is remaining vigilant against the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). As always, our priority is the wellbeing of our staff and the men, women and communities supported by the charity programmes, along with the safe delivery of services for our customers.
As of Monday 23rd March, our sites are now closed to the public, until further notice.
Our core processing sites and waste management services remain operational for us to carry out essential operations to protect the environment.
We wish all our customers, suppliers and neighbours well at this time and look forward to working together again soon.
We have been implementing a number of essential measures to reduce any risks posed to our staff, suppliers or customers and to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Critical operations have been agreed to ensure we continue to safely protect the environment
- Appropriate locations have been identified to store additional stock; liaising with the Environment Agency
- Hygiene measures have been implemented to further improve housekeeping across all our facilities
- Technical plans have been implemented to allow for home-working for our office-based workforce
Recycling Lives Charity
Recycling Lives Charity has also taken steps to protect its employees, beneficiaries and communities at this time:
- The Food Redistribution Centre continues to deliver a vital service to communities and charities. It remains open, working within government guidelines around social distancing and hygiene while amending working practices accordingly.
- The residential facility is being treated like any other household and residents are adhering to government guidelines to stay at home.
- The trustees have taken the unprecedented step of closing the HMP Academies until further notice, working closely with commercial partners, HMPPS and the MoJ.
As ever, the Charity is working to protect its staff and the men, women and communities its programmes support.
Last updated: April 3, 2020