that change Lives
Role: Plant Supervisor
Location: Longridge, Preston
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
This could be life-changing
We are looking for an experienced Plant Supervisor to join our established maintenance team, based at our Recycling Park facility in Longridge, Preston.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We’re also one of the country’s largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
- Follow the correct safe working procedure
- Ensure operators wear the correct PPE
- Ensure the plant runs steadily
- Clear blockages as required
- Supply feedstock and remove waste with a forklift
- Record the weights
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Any other duties as requested by your Line Manager
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Free family events
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to a credit scheme, FairQuid
- Experience with operating machinery
- Confident FLT driver
- Bobcat experience would also be useful.
- Can use initiative and work independently to deadlines.
- Team Player
Monday – Thursday 7:00 – 16:30 Friday 7:00 – 15:30 and occasional Saturday work