We’re a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Our site in Durham requires a Recycling/ Auction Operative to process our Auction vehicles. This role involves booking the vehicles in when they arrive on site, taking photos and uploading descriptions. The role will involve operating a Fork Lift Truck to move vehicles. The role may also involve some depolluting of end of life (scrap) vehicles and general yard duties.
To carry out duties driving the FLT and any other duties requested by the Site Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Fully understand the work you are being asked to do and to make sure that you have had the training and instruction to carry out the task safely.
- Operate plant and equipment that you have had formal training for by the company or hold a current nationally recognised licence for the plant you are operating.
- Work within and to adopt all H+S procedures that are in force at all the companies’ depots
- Follow Safe Systems of Work at all times
- Liaise with the Site Manager and on a daily basis to determine work loads for the day and any problems arising from the previous day’s throughput of materials.
- Assist in the De-Pollution department as and when required
- Inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be either unsafe or un-roadworthy.
- Keep the area you are working in clean and tidy and free from hazards.
- Carry out daily checks required on all the equipment
- Complete satisfactorily all paperwork as required and hand in to the relevant office
- Drive all company machinery in a calm and responsible manner
- Any other duty as directed by Site Manager or Operations Director
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Determination, resilience and flexibility
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Enjoy working outside
- Hard working and reliable
- Able to follow instruction
- Technologically competent (able to use a PC and IPad/ tablet)
- FLT experience
- Experience or interest in working on vehicles preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.