that change Lives
Role: Bottom Yard Supervisor
Location: Longridge, Lancashire
Salary : Competitive, dependant on experience
This could be life-changing
We are now recruiting for a Bottom Yard Supervisor for our lower yard operations in Longridge. This is a “hands on” role, leading a small team of operatives. One minute you’ll be putting together plans to handle the weekly incoming and outgoing loads, the next minute you’ll be checking the operators are maintaining their machines correctly, then you’ll be getting stuck in yourself. It’s a demanding, varied role in a fast-paced environment which will keep you on your toes.
We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programs. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programs. Together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, have a strong track record of success and are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
- Run the lower yard operations on behalf of the Site Manager, receipt of and unloading wagons, leading a team undertaking baling operations, supervising tilter operations, and controlling the flow of traffic around this area of site.
- Ensure that the site operates safely an in accordance with RL Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Ensure all environmental regulations are adhered to such as storage of hazardous substances and batteries etc.
- Ensure safe operation of machinery and plant as per safe systems of work.
- Supervision of all team members and delegation of tasks
- Ensure team are achieving targets set
- Report any problems to the Site Manager as soon as they arise.
- A strong leader with the ability to engage with, supervise and motivate staff
- Good plant operator, including use of Fork Lift Truck.
- Strong plant knowledge and ability to supervise plant operators, ensuring basic maintenance checks, fault-finding and simple fixes are carried out
- Ensure the departments operations are in line with health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Ability to meet and exceed targets.
- Enjoy working outside.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude; and come up with ideas that add value.
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programs and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
- Christmas Club
- Remote/agile working available, travel to Preston office as required
Full time 42.75 hours a week, 8AM - 5.30PM - Monday - Friday, plus every second Saturday
Flexibility to start at 6AM as required