We are a three times Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
The commercial element of the business relies upon material delivered into the facility. Material needs to be handled in the correct way when it reaches the site and the successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that incoming material is accurately recorded and managed correctly around the facility. You will work closely with commercial and operational staff in a dynamic fast-moving environment.
- Weighbridge operation which includes directing traffic coming onto site and recording all vehicles weights entering and leaving site.
- Assist with on-site and some off-site logistics
- Send out daily depollution figures
- Record weights and waste type by vehicle, accurately completing appropriate documentation, submitting data to computer systems and ensuring drivers signatures are recorded
- Ensure the office and general weighbridge area is kept in a clean, hazard free condition
- Adhere to licensing guidelines, environmental regulations and health and safety legislation
- Collate monthly data by waste type and customer to produce Management Information reports and for environmental returns
- Accurate data entry, using a range of software applications
- Liaising with the Sales Department, Customers, Processing Plants or any other contacts to ensure that orders are processed in a timely manner and that materials are made ready for delivery
- Deal with incoming and outgoing email and post
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed
- Assist with general administrative duties and customer services, as required, at any of the company’s sites
- Working with key members of staff to ensure we consistently and successfully exceed auditable standards
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Direct calls and respond to enquiries.
- Carry out any other duties within capabilities as directed and which is reasonable for the company to expect to be undertaken.
- Trustworthy with an attention to detail
- Computer literate and must be able to use excel to a high standard
- Good customer service
- Experience of working in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people such as staff, directors and customers
- Timekeeping skills
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
- Willing to travel to other sites for training opportunities and potential cover
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to prioritise responsibilities effectively
- A ‘Can Do’ positive attitude
- Determined and resilient approach
- Can demonstrate fresh thinking and ideas
- Passionate about Recycling Lives ethos
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- FairQuid Credit Union Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Staff family events
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.