We’re a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel. Within our recycling plant at Longridge Road, Preston, we have a new opportunity for operatives to run and maintain some of our high-tech recycling equipment.
About the role:
Our metal recycling operations use cutting-edge technology, arranged on a production line. The line runs every day from 0730-1730hrs and during the “non-running” time, it needs looking after.
We are looking to recruit dedicated, hard-working staff to support our engineering and operations teams by undertaking basic maintenance and housekeeping tasks during the evening. Typical tasks will include sweeping dust and debris from machines, cleaning conveyor belts, greasing bearings, using airlines to clean dust from motors etc. Some of the tasks will require the use of plant – so experience operating a Fork Lift Truck or Bobcat Mini-digger will be advantageous, although training can be provided for the right candidates.
- Keep the areas around our machines clean and free of scrap metal and other debris
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks, including greasing bearings, cleaning conveyor belts, blowing dust/debris away from filters and motors using an airline
- Undertake regular daily checks on forklift trucks, bobcats and other plant equipment before use
- Carry out other housekeeping tasks around the plant as directed
For the right person, there are opportunities to progress. We will provide cherry picker and other plant training after a successful probation period. Longer-term, we’re a growing business, with opportunities in operations and engineering available to the right people.
- Experience/competence operating a counter-balance FLT and/or Bobcat mini-digger
- Ability/experience operating and maintaining machinery – it will help if you have some interest or experience in engineering, as a mechanic, fitter or working with machinery
- Prepared to work hard – many of our people are rebuilding their lives and they are totally committed to doing it – you’ll need to match their effort levels
- Fit and able to undertake a physically demanding role
- Safety conscious and willing to adhere to our safety standards – protecting yourself and others. (PPE will be provided)
- Willing to get stuck in and get your hands dirty!
- You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.