To manage the replenishment of RLRP stores, (primarily stocking PPE, Small tools, machine spares, plant spares) to ensure that the materials required for the smooth operation of the company are available.
Managing suppliers to ensure that the required/ordered materials are always available to ensure the core operation of the business is not interrupted.
Reviewing usage levels for goods and materials in order to optimise stock levels, ensuring the re-order quantity and frequency deliver the best economic result.
- Ensuring all products ordered clearly identify the required/approved specification
- Effectively communicating with all suppliers so that they are aware of the site rules for delivery drivers.
- Ensuring that all incoming products appropriately packaged to allow safe manual handling and storage.
- Setting up new parts on the stock management system and recommending stock levels
- Monitoring stock levels and working with the storeman to ensure that stock levels are optimised and losses minimised
- Timely raising of orders from PO requests, in accordance with the formal approval levels
- Ensuring all orders are acknowledged by suppliers and delivery concerns highlighted ASAP
- Placing stock replenishment orders and expediting any urgencies.
- Organising timing of delivery and ensuring suppliers are aware of any delivery constraints/conditions.
- Monitoring incoming orders vs expected and progress chasing when necessary
- Dealing with delivery discrepancies, ensuring replacement stock/credits are obtained and invoices are correct.
- Monitoring supplier performance and escalating non-conformances to the Head of Purchasing
- Regular reporting of stock movements and purchase order activity
- Communication and Working Relationship
Communication and Working Relationship
- Suppliers – placing orders, progress chasing of overdue orders, reporting issues with deliveries and resolving, reviewing order patterns and optimising the reorder cycle, resolution of invoice queries, etc.
- Storeman – regular communication to discuss pending deliveries, overdue orders, stock shortages, etc.
- Departmental managers – handling request for goods/services
In order to succeed in this role you will be; honest reliable, determined and resilient. You will hold incredibly high standards, demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value.
Detail focused, systematic and process orientated you will take a pride in ensuring that your internal customers requirements are satisfied whilst ensuring the costs of doing so are optimized. You will expect similar high standards from our Supply Chain and work to ensure that they consistently deliver the required service.
You will have a keen eye for cost control and actively seek ways in which efficiency, best value, and proactive cost control become part of the day to day working life.
Valuing people as individuals you will uphold a ‘one team’ culture and treat your colleagues as customers, whilst ensuring that they follow the agreed procedures required to run an effective purchasing process
You will take pride in the work that Recycling Lives does to help people lead an independent life and engage with our charity colleagues as necessary to help more people as the business grows.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications required to fulfil the role:
- Numerate to GCSE level or equivalent
Specific work experience required to fulfil the role:
- Previous experience working in a supply chain role - desirable
- IT literate and familiarity with stock control systems - desirable