We are a three times Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Due to an impressive growth over the last 12 months, we are looking for an experienced Site Manager who can demonstrate a natural enthusiasm for running and developing our recycling processes, with a strong commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibility ethos.
The successful applicant will be responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all recycling processes at our Nottingham site. Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to identify and investigate original and unique solutions to problems, new initiatives and true business development.
The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, supported by strong written and verbal communication skills and will demonstrate confidentiality and integrity. The role requires the ability to create a strong positive culture which is focussed on business needs, meeting targets and delivering results.
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day recycling processes
- Commercial awareness to support budget control
- Take a leadership role in the areas of continuous development
- Responsible for arranging training and guidance to current workforce
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate quality levels are achieved and are in line with both client and resale requirements
- Ensure that documented procedures are maintained and followed
- Participate in ongoing managerial training
- Coordinate and attain productivity and targets in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships and communication channels with other key departments
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective operational plan that will incorporate the efficient use of all resources
- Conduct regular meetings locally, focusing on Efficiency, Service Compliance, Quality & Cost
- Maintain open communication with all other Recycling Lives sites
- Conducting and completing employee’s annual reviews
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Working knowledge of metal recycling, End of Life Vehicles or auction cars
- Supervisory/ management experience
- Knowledge and delivery of relevant Environmental, Health & Safety to proactively deliver on Recycling Lives’ objectives
- Experience of operating a 360 excavator with grab attachment an advantage.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Can demonstrate integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to set high standards
- Proven record of meeting challenging targets
- Unique and original approach to problem solving
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Determination and resilience
- High standards of delivery and customer service
- Team work and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create a positive culture in line with Recycling Lives Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Candidates will ideally have a recognised professional qualification related to the industry and management of people
If this sounds like the role and company that you could see yourself flourishing in and are interested in making not just an environmental difference, but also one to the community, please apply by CV and cover letter to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.