We are a three times Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency, and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Due to an impressive growth over the last 12 months, we are looking for an experienced Site Manager who can demonstrate a natural enthusiasm for running and developing our recycling processes, with a strong commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibility ethos.
The successful applicant will be responsible and accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all recycling processes at our Erith site. Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to identify and investigate original and unique solutions to problems, new initiatives and true business development. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, supported by strong written and verbal communication skills and will demonstrate confidentiality and integrity. The role requires the ability to create a strong positive culture which is focussed on business needs, meeting targets and delivering results.
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day recycling processes
- De-Pollution of End of Life Vehicles (ELV’s)
- Ensure ELV’s are booked in correctly
- Ensure all ELV’s are fully de-polluted as per DEFRA guidelines and safe systems of work
- Ensure all environmental regulations are adhered to such as storage of hazardous substances and batteries
- Ensure safe operation of machinery and plant as per safe systems of work
- Supervision of all team members including Cat, Export and De-pollution
- Report any problems to the Operations Manager as soon as they arise
- Observe all health and safety requirements as directed
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness at all times
- Inform senior management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be unsafe
- Ensure FLT and equipment daily check sheets are completed
- Ensuring all export targets are met
- Ensuring targets are met in relation to the number of Cat’s taken off each day.
- Ensure daily figures are sent to Management
- Maintain open communication with all other Recycling Lives sites
- Conducting and completing employee’s annual reviews
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Coordinate and attain productivity and targets in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Any other duties as directed by the Management
- Willing to complete further training or qualifications relating to the recycling industry
- Willing to complete a DBS check
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to create a strong positive culture which is focussed on business needs, meeting targets and delivering results
- Problem solving skills
- Highly organised
- Ability to motivate others
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in the waste or recycling industry preferred
- Commitment to Health and Safety
You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service, be determined, resilient and flexible, demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value.
If this sounds like the role and company that you could see yourself flourishing in and are interested in making not just an environmental difference, but also one to the community, please apply by CV and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.