We’re looking for a driven and committed Site Manager to join our Walsall Site as we continue to expand our business across the UK.
Recycling Lives is a unique organization creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programmes. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programmes. together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated/ you have a strong track record of success/ are ambitious to realise your full potential you’ll fit right in.
- Adhere to company safety, health, environmental, code of conduct and equal opportunities policies
- Overall P&L responsibility for site
- Managing a successful operating team of up to 10-15 employees
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Coordinate and attain productivity and lessen downtime
- Managing and attaining company KPI’s
- Communicating with internal departments for transport and maintenance requirements
- The direct supervision of the depollution process of end-of-life vehicles
- Responsible for maintaining quality and efficiency whilst delivering results
- Exceptional leadership with the ability to create a positive working culture
- Conduct weekly scheduled operations meetings
- To ensure that documented reports and procedures are maintained
- Effectively report and communicate with the regional manager
- Prioritising tasks and assigning duties to meet production objectives
- Supervise daily high-quality maintenance checks of machinery and plant equipment
- Troubleshoot and show initiative for business development
- Management of staff and an effective overtime rotation cycle
- Responsible for arranging training and guidance to current workforce to ensure continuous employee growth
- Participate in ongoing managerial training
- Build strong relationships and communication channels with other key departments
- Develop and implement training programs for Operators and Line Supervisors
- Conducting and completing employee’s annual reviews
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrated determination, resilience and flexibility in their role
- Consistently show a positive attitude
- Have ideas that add value
- Safety - Put safety first
- Compliance - Do things the right way
- Productivity - Get the job done
- Cost control – control costs
- Growth – Come up with new ways to improve
- Culture – we are all in it together
- High standards of customer service
- Teamwork and flexibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history of managing at the appropriate level
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover note explaining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.