We are a triple Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Site Manager, Operations Director
- Ensure ELV’s are booked in correctly using equipment provided.
- Ensure all ELV’s are fully de-polluted as per DEFRA guidelines and safe systems of work.
- Ensure all environmental regulations are adhered to such as storage of hazardous substances and batteries etc.
- Ensure safe operation of machinery and plant as per safe systems of work.
- Ensuring that all recyclable materials are removed and stored correctly.
- Report any problems to the Site Manager as soon as they arise.
- Observe all health and safety requirements as directed.
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness at all times as directed.
- Perform other duties such as yard operations as directed.
- Inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be unsafe
- Meet targets relating to number of ELV’s depolluted
- Ensure FLT daily check sheets are completed
- Ensure that batteries are removed from vehicles
- General work on the yard
- Any other duties as directed by the Site Manager
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Determination, resilience and flexibility
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Enjoy working outside
- Experience or interest in working on vehicles preferred but not essential
- FLT experience preferred
- IT literate as there may be some computer work
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please send your CV to jobs @recyclinglives.com