We are a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Due to the recent expansion of our De-Pollution Department, we have several vacancies available.
Recycling Operative (Depollution)
Site Manager, Operations Director
De-Pollution of End of Life Vehicles (ELV’s)
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure ELV’s are booked in correctly using equipment provided
- Ensure all ELV’s are fully de-polluted as per DEFRA guidelines and safe systems of work
- Ensure all environmental regulations are adhered to such as storage of hazardous substances and batteries etc
- Ensure safe operation of machinery and plant as per safe systems of work
- Ensuring that all recyclable materials are removed and stored correctly
- Report any problems to the Site Manager as soon as they arise
- Observe all health and safety requirements as directed
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness at all times as directed
- Perform other duties such as yard operations as directed
- Inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be unsafe
- Meet targets relating to the number of ELV’s depolluted
- Ensure FLT daily check sheets are completed
- Ensure that batteries are removed from vehicles
- Any other duties as directed by the Site Manager
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Determination, resilience and flexibility
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Enjoy working outside
- Experience or interest in working on vehicles preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.