We’re looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our Purchasing department as we continue to expand our business across the UK.
Recycling Lives is a unique organization creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programmes. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programmes. together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, you have a strong track record of success, are ambitious, you’ll fit right in.
- Responsible for development and implementation of the purchasing policy and plans
- Working closely with the budget holders you will provide purchasing expertise and manage the tenders, supplier negotiations and contract development
- To ensure that the risk to the business posed by the supply chain is minimised by proactively managing the supply chain performance, carrying out due diligence on the suppliers and through provision of an efficient internal stores.
- Regularly review and update the business on the progress of the Purchasing Action Plans.
- Develop and implement a tender decision framework that considers total value, risk and other key criteria.
- Carry out a purchasing review of all material contracts and provide advice to contract owner.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure adequate data is available to the business in order to manage the purchasing spend.
- Manage stock levels to ensure availability of critical spares, whilst maximising the value from working capital.
The successful candidate will:
- Buying experience in a manufacturing or Industrial environment – desirable
- Previous experience as a Buyer, Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager preferred
- CAPEX experience preferred
- CIPS qualified, part-qualified or prepared to study
- Demonstrated determination, resilience and flexibility in their role
- Consistently show a positive attitude
- Have ideas that add value
- Safety - Put safety first
- Compliance - Do things the right way
- Productivity - Get the job done
- Cost control – control costs
- Growth – Come up with new ways to improve
- Culture – we are all in it together
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover note explaining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.