Who we are :
We’re a triple Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
We operate an in-house IT development team that we believe offers us competitive advantage. Software and web development are key components of our growth strategy and therefore you would be directly responsible for assisting in company expansion and diversification.
Recycling lives are looking to expand the in-house development team with an experienced PHP Developer to assist in both new project development combined with improvement to the existing product portfolio.
We write bespoke software to enable competitive advantage within our rapidly expanding business, predominantly using OO PHP with multiple frameworks including Symfony and Laravrel, MySQL, MSSQL, Containers, all based upon Linux environments.
You will be a talented PHP developer with an established toolbox of great skills built up over the last few years. This is a forward-thinking role ideal for a self-starting personality eager to learn new skills and technologies. This role will be part of an Agile team, with you working in both and individual and team capacity on multiple projects.
- Object Oriented PHP 5.6 to current
- PHP frameworks ideally Laravel or Symfony
- Unit Testing and Automation
- MySQL (SQL, DDL, and query optimisation)
- Third Party API calls, REST, and Authentication
- Basic HTML5/CSS3
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Clear communicator
- Positive attitude with ideas that add value
- Design patterns and best practise
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Self-starting and able to manage own projects and priorities
- Strong Development skills and highly technically aware
- Solid documentation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Subsidised café
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- FairQuid Credit Union Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Staff family events
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
To Apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to jobs @recyclinglives.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age