that change Lives
Role: Mobile Plant Mechanic Supervisor
Department: Site Garage
Location: Preston Recycling Plant
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Hours: 12 - 10pm Mon - Thurs, Fri 12- 9pm, alternate weekends either Saturday or a Sunday
This could be life-changing
We’re looking for a Mechanic Supervisor to join our established team based at our recycling plant in Preston as we continue to expand our business across the UK.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programmes. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programmes. Together, we’ll be changing lives. This job could change yours too…
If you have a strong track record for success and work well in a busy team, you’ll fit right in.
- Supervise the evening shift team to repair and maintain mobile plant and equipment
- Repair and maintain mobile plant and equipment
- Complete engine servicing and repair on mobile plant engines
- Be able to carry out simple fabrications to be able to repair mobile plant and equipment
- Ensure that the correct spare parts are ordered for mobile plant and equipment
- Complete required paperwork accurately for traceability and auditing
- Complete work-based risk assessments
- Work to correct site safety standards
- Manage assigned workload to ensure that mobile plant and equipment is available when required
- Ensure that the application of a ‘Clean As You Go’ policy is delivered to ensure the highest level of housekeeping
- Ensure that there are sufficient skills in the team to be able to carry out basic fabrication
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Salary sacrifice vehicle scheme
The here and now
Qualifications required to fulfil the role:
- Road Transport Engineering NVQ Level 3 Apprentice Trained
- City and Guilds in commercial breakdown (Roadside assistance
- VOSA/AIRTEC qualified for HGV Inspection and Maintenance
- Mechanical Engineering NVQ Level 2/3
- Time served recognised apprenticeship
- Mobile plant experience
- Diesel and gas engine experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems experience
- Service and repair experience on the following equipment: 360 degree Excavators with grab, loading shovel, FLT's, Telehandlers and HGV Trailers (both box trailers and car transporters)
- Experience of HGV tractor units, skip / RoRo wagons and rigid body car transporters would be an advantage
- Clean UK driving license
- Experienced on DAF, Scania, MAN, Mercedes, IVECO, Renault,
- Responsible for maintenance, servicing and repairs of Vehicles, advanced diagnostics and fault finding, MOT’s, Breakdown cover, Electrical fault finding on 12volt, 24volt, 48volt systems, Fabricating hydraulic pipes & air pipes
- VOSA/AIRTEC certified
- Computer literate – Microsoft Suite of programs, Internal RL systems
- Experience of ATLAS, FUCHS and CAT mobile plant units
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.