We are a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Due to the recent expansion of our De-Pollution Department, we have several vacancies available.
Site Manager, Operations Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key accountabilities of the Metal Buyer include:
- Maintaining and developing existing customer base
- Researches target clients and has all initial contact
- Negotiate the buying of metals from a range of potential partners
- Attends appointments with all customers and maintains strong relationships with existing and new customers
- Provides regular updates to board of directors about potential new contracts and existing contracts that are in place.
- Surveys client about commercial staff, drivers and service
- Expanding this further by establishing working relationships from a variety of clients
- Manage the administration of new and existing business, including risk control, purchase documentation and contract reports
- Attend regular update meetings with the Commercial Director to report progress on targets
- Oversee and maintain quality control from point of purchase to final destination
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Full UK Driving Licence
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong negotiating skills
- Professional approach to presentation and strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong work ethic
- Strong IT skills and working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- An ability to effectively communicate that passion to develop partnerships that will contribute to our commercial success and increasing social impact.
- Working knowledge/experience of the scrap metal industry
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Determination and resilience
- High standards of delivery
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.