Recycling Lives are a three time Queen’s Award-winning company with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. The success of our commercial services support and sustains our social charity programmes for offender rehabilitation, residential support and food redistribution - means we create more than just environmental and financial value from our activities, but significant social value too.
Recycling Lives is rapidly expanding across the UK, offering total waste management and recycling services from 10 sites nationwide. Our unique social business model means that this expansion helps improve the lives of hundreds of people through our charitable activities. To support these services, our workforce is growing!
We are looking for an experienced Mechanic/ Plant Fitter to join our Maintenance team in Preston.
Applicants must have a high level of commitment to safety at all times whilst showing determination to deliver results. Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Carry out routine, preventative and reactive maintenance on our mixed fleet of vehicles and plant equipment
- Driving Licence (HGV Preferred but not essential)
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Small amounts of fabrication work may be needed from time to time so an ability to weld would be desirable but not essential
- Good housekeeping
- Good grasp of the English language (written and spoken)
- Experience in heavy plant/ heavy goods vehicle maintenance minimum 4 years
- At least 4 years’ experience of hydraulic and basic electrical systems
- Must be able to work tight to deadlines to an industry and VOSA standard whilst keeping all paperwork complete and up to date
- Ability to follow health and safety guidelines
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own as you will be asked to carry out routine maintenance at our satellite yards or on breakdowns.
- 2 Years’ experience in the waste and recycling industry
- Management or supervising experience
- You will also be able to commit to our core values: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude, and come up with ideas that add value
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- FairQuid Credit Union Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Christmas Savings scheme
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Staff family events
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dedicated and confidential Health and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.