We’re a double Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel. Within our recycling plant at Longridge Road, Preston, we have a new opportunity for operatives to run and maintain some of our high-tech recycling equipment.
About the role:
Our metal recycling operations use cutting-edge technology. On our Recycling Park, our equipment includes a fragmentiser, pre-shredder, complex downstream processing technology, a wire granulator. We are also expanding the plant, with several new pieces of equipment to be installed over the next year.
We’re looking for a Maintenance Manager who can enthuse our small but highly-skilled and dedicated team of engineers and fitters, develop our maintenance systems, manage key performance indicators, improve our preventative maintenance plans and help to minimise breakdowns.
You’ll also be a key senior leader in the plant’s management team, so you’ll need to be able to work closely with operational managers, operatives and our professionals in safety, compliance and commercial.
We’re a fast-growing business with a unique model. Our social enterprise and charitable activities create demonstrable value for the communities in which we operate. And we’re entrepreneurial, fast-moving and hard-working.
For the right person, the career opportunity is compelling.
- Work with the Chief Engineer and Senior Operations Manager to improve and manage our preventative maintenance plans and emergency breakdown response.
- Lead a small team of dedicated engineers and fitters.
- Help us to implement and maintain systems to allow us to monitor machine and maintenance KPIs, enabling continuous improvement of both engineering and operational activity.
- Get your hands dirty as required – it’s a hands-on environment
- We’re looking for an experienced maintenance engineer.
- Significant experience within the recycling, scrap metal, waste or comparable “heavy plant” industries.
- Proficient in diagnosis and repairs to hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- A natural planner and organiser – you’ll be able to ensure that the good work we do is documented, analysed, processed and help us optimise machine performance.
- You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value.
To apply: If this sounds like the role and company that you could see yourself flourishing in and are interested in making not just an environmental difference, but also one to the community, please apply by CV and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.