that change Lives
Role: Maintenance Fitter
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary : Dependant on experience
This could be life-changing
We’re looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join our small but highly-skilled and dedicated team of engineers and fitters, undertaking daily preventative maintenance tasks and responding to breakdowns.
We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programs. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programs. Together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, have a strong track record of success and are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
Our metal recycling operations use cutting-edge technology. On our Recycling Park, our equipment includes a fragmentiser, pre-shredder, complex downstream processing technology, a wire granulator.
We also have several mobile pieces of plant that will require regular maintenance and repairs, ranging from forklifts to 35 ton wheeled material handlers and loading shovels.
- Undertake maintenance tasks and schedule routine maintenance.
- Work to a maintenance schedule, recording tasks completed.
- Attend breakdowns, diagnose faults and fix.
- Advise operators on basic operator maintenance and optimising how to run the machines.
- We’re looking for an experienced maintenance fitter.
- Significant experience within the recycling, scrap metal, waste or comparable “heavy plant” industries.
- Proficient in diagnosis and repairs to hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programs and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
- Christmas Club
Full time role, which will also require some overtime and weekend working as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.