that change Lives
Role: Maintenance Electrician
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary : Dependant on experience
This could be life-changing
This is an exciting opportunity to be the change you want to see by joining us as an Maintenance Electrician in a unique organisation, that creates life changing opportunities. You may be qualified or time served with relevant experience.
We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programs. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programs. Together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, have a strong track record of success and are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
An Maintenance Electrician on a Metal Recycling Site is responsible for the maintenance and installation of a wide range of processing equipment, plant and machinery. The work will be varied, requiring a depth of experience and knowledge.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good working knowledge of 3 phase 415-volt equipment
- Experience of working with heavy duty motors and control panels
- Diagnostic skills are essential
- Prior experience in the Recycling Industry or similar, such as quarrying/ mining
- Ability to work in challenging conditions
- Resilience with determination, persistence and flexibility.
- Consistently shows a positive attitude
- Have ideas that add value
- Relevant industry qualifications/accreditation
We’re keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours who can help us ensure our Company values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
- Safety - Put safety first
- Compliance - Do things the right way
- Productivity - Get the job done
- Cost control – control costs
- Growth – Come up with new ways to improve
- Culture – we are all in it together
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programs and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
- Christmas Club
Full time role, which will also require some overtime and weekend working as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.