To provide day to day HR administrative support and contribute to the long‐term development of the HR function and the wider business, ensuring all employee documentation and paperwork is issued to a high standard and legally compliant.
Based at our Recycling Park facility in Longridge, Preston, this role would suit a candidate with some HR admin experience or an all-round experienced Administrator looking to grow their skill set and knowledge within Human Resources.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We’re also one of the country’s largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
- To administer starter/leaver processes including all employee information, right to work documentation and exit interviews.
- To maintain and update electronic and hard copy record systems containing all employment-related information including absence, holidays, starters and leavers, benefits and equality and diversity.
- To provide developmental training administration support including booking venues, liaising with course providers and attendees and maintaining training records.
- prepare all letters or contracts to support any changes to employee terms and conditions
- To handle maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and parental leave administration processes and ensure that associated payroll processes are completed.
- To support the implementation of HR systems or databases; to enter data and maintain these accordingly
- Preparation of disciplinary investigation documents: putting evidence packs together, typing of statements, minute taking in investigation meetings
- To prepare, as required, management reports on employee-related data to assist with the management and development of staff.
- To handle all initial contact into the HR department, signposting onwards as appropriate.
- To escalate issues of concern as appropriate
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Free family events
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to a credit scheme, FairQuid
- Acts professionally and consistently at all times
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy and the ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good presentation skills.
- Displays a positive and can-do attitude and is solution focused.
- Passionate about being able to deliver value in role.
- Ability to challenge managers and leaders
- Quickly embraces and drives change
- “Sleeves rolled up and get the job done”
Full-time role 42.75 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age