We’re a double Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Recycling Lives create employment opportunities for prisoners and ex-offenders to aid rehabilitation and reduce reoffending. We have been awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development for providing training and employment at recycling centres, which operate within HMP facilities.
We are looking for an Assistant Supervisor who can help motivate others and maintain a positive and professional atmosphere. The successful applicant will promote a good work ethic and be a positive mentor and role model. The role involves some supervisory duties alongside assisting with the day to day operations of the workshop, including operating a Fork Lift truck. The position would involve covering a number of our HMP Academies across the North West so therefore, a full clean driving licence will be required.
Please note that any appointment will depend on the candidate passing the National Offender Management Service (NOMS) vetting process.
The supervision of offenders in the dismantling for recycling of waste televisions.
Applicants must have experience of supervising workers.
Prison experience is not essential although any appointment will depend on the candidate passing the National Offender Management Service (NOMS) vetting process.
Basic computer literacy is essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate staff and maintain a positive and professional atmosphere.
- Once trained, demonstrate a high level of knowledge of dismantling operations.
- Monitor stock levels and arrange for deliveries/collections as required, ensuring that productivity is not disrupted.
- Promote a good work ethic and be a positive mentor and role model.
- To participate in dismantling, loading & unloading when required.
- Provide ongoing training, support and personal development to members of the team.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and adhere to the code of conduct and security practices set out by HMP
- Ensure all storage and work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Follow the approved Safe Working Procedures for operations.
- Any other duties as requested by your Manager/Operations Director
- Fork lift truck operation
- To inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be either unsafe or unroadworthy.
- Carry out daily checks required on all the equipment
- To complete satisfactorily all paperwork as required and handed in to the relevant office
- To drive all company machinery in a calm and responsible manner
- Any other duty as directed by the HMP Academy Workshop Supervisor
- A minimum of one years supervisory experience
- Experience of working in a workshop environment preferred
- A ‘Can Do’ positive attitude
- Determined and resilient approach
- Experience of providing great service and achieving high standards
- Can demonstrate fresh thinking and ideas.
- The ability to motivate others
- Teamwork skills and flexibility
- The ability to be a positive mentor and role model
- Experience of working in a prison preferred.
If this sounds like the role and company that you could see yourself flourishing in and are interested in making not just an environmental difference, but also one to the community, please apply by CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role to [email protected] or call in to the office.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age