We’re a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out routine, preventative and reactive maintenance on our mixed fleet of vehicles, trailers and plant equipment
- Experience in heavy plant/ heavy goods vehicle maintenance, minimum 4 years
- Ideal candidate will have at least 4 years experience of hydraulic and basic electrical systems
- You must be able to work to tight deadlines to an industry and VOSA standard whilst keeping all paperwork complete and up to date.
- Ability to follow health and safety guidelines
- Small amounts of fabrication work may be needed from time to time so an ability to weld etc. would be desirable through not essential
- Driving licence (HGV entitlement preferred but not essential)
- Good housekeeping
- Good grasp of English language (both written and spoken)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative as you will be asked to carry out routine maintenance at our satellite yards on breakdowns
- Good work ethic
- IRTEC certificate preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.