that change Lives
Role: HGV Technician
Location: Longridge, Preston
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
This could be life-changing
We are looking for an experienced HGV Technician to join our established maintenance team, based at our Recycling Park facility in Longridge, Preston.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We’re also one of the country’s largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
- Carry out routine, preventative and reactive maintenance on our mixed fleet of vehicles & trailers
- Small amounts of fabrication work may be needed from time to time so an ability to weld etc. would be desirable through not essential
- You must be able to work to tight deadlines to an industry and VOSA standard whilst keeping all paperwork complete and up to date
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Free family events
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to a credit scheme, FairQuid
- Ideal candidate will have at least 4 years experience of heavy goods vehicle inspection and repair
- Ability to follow health and safety guidelines
- Driving licence (HGV entitlement preferred but not essential)
- Good housekeeping
- Good grasp of English language (both written and spoken)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good work ethic
Hours: Early shift - Mon-Thur 0500-1430 Fri 0500-1330 + overtime available
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.