We are a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Our site in Durham requires a Recycling/ Auction Operative to process our Auction vehicles. This role involves booking the vehicles in when they arrive on site, taking photos and uploading descriptions. The role will involve operating a Fork Lift Truck to move vehicles. The role may also involve some depolluting of end of life (scrap) vehicles and general yard duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure auction cars and ELV’s are booked in correctly using a tablet/ IPad
- Taking photos and creating descriptions of auction cars
- Assist in the depolluting of End of Life vehicles as per DEFRA guidelines and safe systems of work
- Ensure all environmental regulations are adhered to such as storage of hazardous substances and batteries etc
- Ensure safe operation of machinery and plant as per safe systems of work
- Ensuring that all recyclable materials are removed and stored correctly
- Report any problems to the Site Manager as soon as they arise
- Observe all health and safety requirements as directed.
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness at all times as directed
- Ensure a professional approach to all site visitors and customers
- Perform other duties such as yard operations as directed
- Inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be unsafe
- Ensure FLT daily check sheets are completed
- Any other duties as directed by the Department Manager
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Determination, resilience and flexibility
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Enjoy working outside
- Hard working and reliable
- Able to follow instructions
- Technologically competent (able to use a PC and IPad/ tablet)
- FLT experience
- Experience or interest in working on vehicles preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.