Who we are:
We’re a triple Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Brief description: To carry out activities and operations in the yard and De-Pollution of End of Life Vehicles (ELV’s)
Duties and responsibilities:
- To fully understand the work you are being asked to do and to make sure that you have had the training and instruction to carry out the task safely.
- You must only operate plant and equipment that you have had formal training for by the company or hold a current nationally recognised licence for.
- To work within and to adopt all H+S procedures that are in force at all the companies’ depots
- To liaise with the Site Manager and on a daily basis to determine work loads for the day and any problems arising from the previous day’s throughput of materials.
- To assist in the De-Pollution department as and when required
- To inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be either unsafe or unroadworthy.
- To keep the area you are working in clean and tidy and free from hazards.
- Carry out daily checks required on the equipment
- May be required to use burning equipment after appropriate training
- To complete satisfactorily all paperwork as required and handed in to the relevant office
- To drive all company machinery in a calm and responsible manor when the need arises to go off site.
- Any other duties as directed by the Site Manager
- Experience of operating a Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck. Current licence preferred but not essential
- Burning experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Determination, resilience and flexibility
- Positive attitude and ideas that add value
- Enjoy working outside
- Experience or interest in working on vehicles preferred but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]