Who We Are
At the forefront of the scrap metal recycling industry, Recycling Lives has achieved the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development twice and are committed to providing an outstanding service with world class facilities. Our commercial services support our social w
elfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our
departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.Due to an impressive growth over the last 12 months, we are looking for an experienced Plant Operative who can operate a 360 excavator (with Grab Attachment) to work on our 15-acre Recycling Park in Preston.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate plant and equipment that you have had formal training for by the company or hold a current nationally recognised licence for
- Follow Safe Systems of Work at all times
- To work within and to adopt all H&S procedures that are in force at all the company’s sites
- To liaise with the Site Manager on a daily basis to determine workloads for the day and any problems arising from the previous days throughput of materials
- To inform management immediately of any defects that may cause any item of equipment to be either unsafe or unroadworthy.
- To keep the area you are working in clean and tidy, and free from hazards
- Monitor all stock levels and keep the stock in an organised manner
- Supervise the regular daily checks required on the equipment and carry out the regular maintenance procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the equipment e.g. greasing, minor adjustments etc.
- To complete satisfactorily all paperwork as required and handed in to the relevant office e.g. Plant Check Sheets to Site Manager.
- To inform management immediately of any changes to your operators/ plant licences.
- Any other duty as directed by Site Manager / Operations Director
- Material handling experience
- Experience of operating a long reach crane with five tine grab
- Scrap metal experience essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role.