At the forefront of the scrap metal recycling industry, Recycling Lives have achieved the Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development three times and are committed to providing an outstanding service with world-class facilities. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality of service, efficiency, and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver ground-breaking solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Recycling collections / Delivery of skips / Roll On Roll Off / Low Loader operations / Box vans / Wagon & Drag Work/ HIAB
You must have; Clean driving license, Driver CPC (or in the process of obtaining) a Digital Tacho card, HIAB
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of driving and using articulated vehicles with Bulk Tippers, Class 2 Roll On Roll Off vehicles, Box Vans, HIAB, Skip Wagons and Wagon & Drag work
- Knowledge of driver’s hours and working time directive regulations. Use of Tachographs, digital and analogue
- Smart & professional appearance.
- You will be one of the most important customer-facing members of the organisation, so a professional approach to both the job and customers is essential.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to overcome problems
- The ability to work both as part of a team and by yourself.
- Ability to plan the route to a job in the most time and fuel efficient way.
- Physically fit.
- Complete daily vehicle check sheets and defect reports as directed by the Transport Manager & Operations Manager.
- Observe all relevant driving laws and regulations.
- Provide good customer service (via telephone or face to face) at all times.
- Observe all health and safety requirements as directed.
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness at all times as directed.
- Any other duties as directed by the Transport Manager.
We are an equal opportunities business and welcome all ages, ethnic groups, and religions. To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role.