Positions: Class 1 & 7.5 tonne Car Transporter Drivers
Location: Recycling Lives, Hitchin Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive hourly rates
Who we are:
We’re a commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry.
What are we looking for:
Multiple smart and professional Class 1 & 7.5 tonne Car Transporter Drivers to work on a permanent basis collecting auction and scrap cars from Police Recovery Centres, Households and other collection points and delivering to our own depollution sites. Full Training provided for the right candidates including ongoing training as required.
You must have;
· Clean Class Cat C+E (Class 1) or C1E (7.5 tonne) Driving Licence (no more than 6 points)
· Driver CPC (Min 12 months left)
· Digital Tacho Card
· Great Customer Service Skills
· Physically Fit
· Monday – Friday – with alternate Saturdays (possible 4 on/off shifts)
· Basic 42.75 hrs per week with regular overtime available at overtime rate
· Up To 4 x Night out’s per week
· Good range of Company Benefits including Bonus, Pension etc
· The ability to work both as part of a team and by yourself.
· Complete daily vehicle check sheets and defect reports as directed by the Transport Manager & Operations Manager.
· Good working knowledge of driver’s hours and working time directive regulations.
· Good working knowledge of the use of tachographs, digital and analogue’s
· Good problem solver
· Ability to plan the route to a job in the most time and fuel-efficient way.
· Observe all relevant driving laws and regulations.
· Observe all health and safety requirements as directed.
· Any other duties as directed by the Transport Operations Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Type: Full-time