that change Lives
Role: Business Development Manager
Department: Environmental Services
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Salary : Dependant on experience, plus car allowance, plus performance bonus
This could be life-changing
The BDM will be responsible for establishing and retaining business growth opportunities within Recycling Lives waste management division, by obtaining new clients and fostering relationships with existing clients to meet revenue targets and maximise margin.
The post holder will build relationships at all levels of current and prospective client organisations to ensure the business is fully engaged with Recycling Lives and buys in to our service offering.
We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programs. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programs. Together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, have a strong track record of success and are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
- Identify, target and build long lasting relationships with decision makers in national multi-site customers
- Create, develop and manage sales pipeline in order to identify current and future opportunities
- Analyse the customers current waste disposal process and make recommendations to improve recycle rates and reduce costs
- Generate timely management reports as required, identifying risks and opportunities with action plan to support
- Achievement of sales KPIs surrounding revenue, margin, pipeline etc.
- Conduct account plan review meetings and report progress to Head of Business Development
- Maintain accurate and up to date records within CRM
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service
- Continually remain abreast of developments and opportunities within set market sectors
The post holder will have strong communication skills in order to confidently interact, present and speak to all relevant stakeholders in prospective organisations. The post holder will have good negotiation skills in order to achieve target margins but will understand where they need to compromise to persuade prospects.
- 3+ years in business development role
- Knowledge of waste management sector
- Knowledge of construction sector
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programs and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
- Christmas Club
- Remote/agile working available, travel to Preston office as required
Full time 42.75 hours a week