We’re a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
Duties and responsibilities
- To carry out shot blasting duties to all Recycling Lives skips and vehicles
- To assist with painting across the organisation as required
- To fully understand the work, you are being asked to do and to make sure that you have had the training and instruction to carry out the task safely
- To work within and to adopt all H+S procedures that are in force at all the companies’ depots
- To liaise with the supervisor, you are working with on a daily basis to determine workloads for the day and any problems arising from the previous day’s production etc.
- To keep the area you are working in clean and tidy and free from hazards.
- You may be required to work occasionally at our other sites
- Any other duties as reasonably required
- Good grasp of the English language (both written and spoken).
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Good work ethic
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience of using a pressure pot system
- Experience of using shot blasting equipment
- You will have the ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- Experience of industrial painting/ spraying desirable/ MIG Welding
- Real work experience with full training
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- FairQuid Credit Union Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Staff family events
- On-site Gym
- Subsidised cafe
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.