We’re a three time Queen’s Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years’ experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
As an industry leader, we pride ourselves on the quality service, efficiency and innovation at the heart of all our departments. We aim to deliver innovative solutions and big savings to our customers while maintaining our community focus and family business feel.
As an Apprentice, you will be expected to learn quickly and to contribute to the team from day one. We encourage every one of our colleagues to challenge convention and to assist us in driving outstanding service both internally and externally. Whilst you may not have any work experience in the field, we expect all applicants to be willing to learn and prepared to showcase this enthusiasm in an interview.
- Secretarial work/ general admin, photocopying, typing, calls, taking messages
- Answer calls, transfer calls and take messages for the relevant person or department
- Stock control. Liaise with Purchasing to ensure all orders are received and accounted for correctly
- Front of house at Recycling Lives Head Office. Greeting and dealing with all visitors
- Keeping diary/log of visitors
- Organising car parking for visitors and staff
- Monitoring general housekeeping at Recycling Lives Head Office (cleanliness, tea coffee milk etc, consumables purchasing and stock)
- Monitor site security and issuing security passes during the day to ensure no unauthorised access is gained
- Booking in and distribution of all post
- Distributing internal post
- Liaising with Directors and Board to ensure their needs are met
- Arranging travel and accommodation for Managers and Directors
- Create and prepare documents, standard letters, minutes, photocopying, scanning and filing, mail merge and other correspondence utilising Microsoft Office software
- Organise paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Booking meeting rooms and liaising with the café regarding catering/refreshments
- Occasional guest bedroom preparation
- Cleaning up after meetings and prep for meetings
- Covering within the commercial team
- Supporting Human Resources with recruitment
- Any other duties as directed by the Head of Human Resources or Senior Receptionist
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be patient, courteous and able to work on own initiative with a precise and methodical approach
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to prioritise responsibilities effectively
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- General IT/ Word processing skills
- The ability to work well within a team is essential along with the ability to seek guidance from senior staff where necessary
- You will also: ensure high standards of delivery and customer service; be determined, resilient, and flexible; demonstrate a positive attitude and come up with ideas that add value
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.