Role: Junior Account Manager/ Administrator
Location: Preston (PR2)
We’re looking for a Junior Account Manager/ Administrator to join our Commercial Department as we continue to expand our business across the UK.
Recycling Lives is a unique organization creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programmes. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programmes. together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated/ you have a strong track record of success/ are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
- Mixture of new sales (25%) and existing account management (75%) across scrap metal and other waste streams.
- Invoicing and administration of customer accounts, including pricing, performance reports and compliance information. Daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Tracking account performance VS expected target levels and working with colleagues and customers to ensure expected sales levels are achieved.
- Build rapport with clients (mainly phone, some face to face) and create cross sell opportunities for other departments including; skip hire, scrap cars, waste electronics.
- Be the main contact for customers at Recycling Lives.
- Support wider sales team with administrative tasks.
- Ensuring that relevant compliance (waste transfer and other) paperwork is complete and up to date.
- Arranging transport collections (both via internal and external) to ensure services are delivered.
The successful candidate will:
- A good relationship builder who can forge strong relationships within the scrap metal sector.
- Highly driven with a desire to learn more and ‘get involved’ within the business.
- Be highly organised and detail driven.
- Computer literate with good IT skills including Excel.
- Have some experience in account management, if not be very willing to learn.
- Familiarity with the metal bulletin would be an advantage.
- Experience with scrap metal or waste sector would be an advantage.
- Most importantly, the successful applicant will become a valued member of our team and make a real difference to peoples lives each day by directly supporting our social welfare charity by being successful in this role!
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover note explaining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.