We’re looking for a depollution operative to join a fast-growing team at one of our NEW recycling facilities. This opportunity will give you the chance to be a part of a brand-new depollution team in North Hertfordshire. The role of a depollution operative is fun and exciting. You will be responsible for the recycling of end-of-life vehicles by following a strict compliant recycle process using our high-end depollution equipment. You will also need to display great teamwork and show determination to hit daily targets.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We’re also one of the country’s largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
- Undertaking the depollution of End-of-Life Vehicles (ELVs) – removing and storing parts safely
- Working closely with others, ensuring good communication and following instructions
- Liaising with other teams
- Operating plant and equipment in a safe manner
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed satisfactorily and stored in the appropriate way
- Maintaining all plant and equipment as well as reporting any faults or defects immediately
- To be able to think on your feet and self-risk assess
Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing - fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know there are things much more important than work though – your home life and your health. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Free family events
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to a credit scheme, FairQuid
The here and now
We’re looking for someone who works hard and works well in a team.
- Experience operating a Counterbalance Forklift Truck – current license preferred but not essential
- Enjoy working in a busy team and able to work effectively on your own
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Experience in using burning equipment
- Interest in cars and vehicles
- Previous depollution experience
This could be the start of a long and successful career with Recycling Lives. Our entry-level roles are stepping stones to more responsibilities and more reward. We invest in every individual, supporting their development. If you show commitment and competence, you’ll have opportunities to undertake on-the-job and classroom-based training. Our investment in people is one of our main priorities.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover note explaining why you are suitable for the role to jobs @recyclinglives.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Type: Full-time