Role: Class 2 Car Transporter HGV
We’re looking for a Class 2 Car Transporter to join our Erith Site as we continue to expand our business across the UK.
Recycling Lives is a unique organization creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We’re industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground breaking Energy from Waste technologies.
All our business operations support the delivery of our own social programmes. These are reducing reoffending by rehabilitating offenders in prisons, supporting the homeless to gain work and housing, and supporting communities by redistributing surplus food to charitable groups.
Whatever part of the organisation you work in, you’ll be contributing to our fast-growing business as well as to our delivery of social value through these social programmes. Together, we’ll be changing lives.
If you’re highly motivated, have a strong track record of success and are ambitious to realise your full potential, you’ll fit right in.
- Capable of driving and using a Class 2 Car Transporter.
- Knowledge of driver’s hours and working time directive regulations. Use of tachographs, digital and analogue.
- You will be one of the most important customer facing members of the organisation, so a professional approach to both the job and customers is essential.
- Ability to overcome problems.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and by yourself
- Complete daily vehicle check sheets and defect reports as directed by the Transport Manager
- Observe all relevant driving laws and regulations
- Provide good customer service at all times
- Observe all health and safety requirements
- Any other duties as directed by the Transport Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrated determination, resilience and flexibility in their role
- Consistently show a positive attitude
- Have ideas that add value
- Safety - Put safety first
- Compliance - Do things the right way
- Productivity - Get the job done
- Cost control – control costs
- Growth – Come up with new ways to improve
- Culture – we are all in it together
Whether you’re starting out in an entry level role or joining us as an executive, we’ll support you to become the very best you can be. We invest in our team, offering a range of training, development programmes and opportunities to progress.
We’re a fast paced and entrepreneurial organisation. We’re not afraid to try new things and do things differently and as such we’re growing fast. We’re national now but we’ve grown from a family firm and we retain our strong family values.
We know that your home life and health are important. We run regular family events and offer a number of wellbeing schemes and benefits to support you to be the happiest, healthiest you:
- Health Care Cash Plan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Savings and Loan Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Employee Wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee reward scheme
- Discounted tickets to tourist attractions
- Cycle to work
- Salary Sacrifice Lease Car Scheme
- Critical Illness and Life Cover (after qualifying period)
To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover note explaining why you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.